So, a month ago today, this happened:
And between wedding planning, the wedding having, and midterms (because I decided to get married in the middle of my penultimate semester) I didn’t make a single blog post – I realize this was probably devastating for the vast majority of you all.
I wanted to knock out the ‘thankful November’ social media posts and the past few months all in one go, so here are a few of the things I’m most thankful for in my new marriage.
- Andrew wakes up early every morning to drop me off at work because even the buses aren’t running that early in the morning.
- He surprises me with his fantastic cooking after really long days. That man really knows how to work a steak, lemme tell ya.
- Andrew tells me my burnt brownies are actually really tasty when even I can’t stand to eat them.
- He calmly put up with me calling him 27 times on Saturday because there was a WASP INSIDE our APARTMENT (he was stuck at the auto shop waiting for the car to be repaired, so he calmly talked me through an escape route to the local soda shop where I could wait the crisis out).
- He acts like he’s interested in Jane the Virgin (probably one of the most amazing TV shows ever created) and lets me explain the intricate plot line to him (with only minimal references to soap operas) and he even asks questions to prove he’s listening.
- Andrew waits to watch Friends until we can both watch it together.
- Andrew acted like it was totally fine that I played Christmas music and started putting up decorations on November 1st. He even put up Christmas lights on our porch!
- He got so ridiculously excited when we got our first (and only) trick-or-treater on Halloween and it made me fall even more in love with him.
- He supports me in my dreams and supports me in pursuit of them.
- And finally, Andrew snuck out of our apartment before I woke up this morning to surprise me with roses and breakfast.
Happy one month anniversary, Andrew! I’m grateful for you and for how fun you’ve made marriage so far!