As I promised, this post is a fun, lighthearted post in list format!
I’ve always loved Halloween. I mean: fall weather, dressing up, pumpkin everything, candy, spooky stories – what’s not to love? I started to take my costume rather seriously starting when I was about 8 and have had some really great costumes over the years (at least, in my opinion). This post is a compilation of 10 years worth of my Halloween costumes (with pictures and fun facts too!).
- Dead Prom Queen (2008)
- Juliet (2009)
- Fun fact – I planned this costume around a dagger I bought at The Shakespeare Festival, which is probably more weird than fun, but that’s Jr. High Mallory in a nutshell for ya.
- Belle (2010)
- Fun fact – I planned this costume because I found the yellow dress at a thrift store in like August of 2010 and really wanted to buy it, but didn’t have a good reason.
- Miss Scarlet (2011)
- Fun fact – this was a group costume for the Halloween dance. My friend told me I was the only one with enough sass to pull off Miss Scarlet.
- Where’s Waldo? (2012)
- Flapper (2013)
- Not fun fact – I didn’t actually get to wear this costume for Halloween because I had to work that day 😦
- Lois Lane and Superman (2014)
- Fun fact – this was when I was a poor college student and had to put together a costume of stuff I already owned. We ended up winning a costume contest!
- ’50’s Couple (2015)
- Fun fact – Halloween was literally two weeks after we got married. Since I had been planning the wedding, I hadn’t even thought of a costume. We threw this together the day before with stuff we already had around the house.
- Mickey and Minnie (2016)
- Fun fact – We planned this costume around my polka dot dress, which also doubled as my graduation dress.
- Hogwarts Students (2017)
- Fun fact – We decided to dress according to our houses rather than pick specific characters. My house is Ravenclaw, Andrew’s is Gryffindor.
(Finally, to wrap up this post, I want to give a shout out to my mom who helped me so much putting my costumes together throughout my childhood and teenage years. She also helped me out with the post by emailing me old pictures! You’re the best, mom 🙂 )